Decorating for 2013
The start of a new year is a good time to re-evaluate your living space and make a few changes to freshen up the look, especially if the cold weather is keeping you cooped up indoors! There are some new trends now for the new year, and we have just the rugs to make the new look!
Color of the Year
Every year Pantone introduces the hottest colors for the year and focuses on one color in particular as the "color of the year". This year the color is Emerald Green! Emerald green is lively, without being overstated, elegant without being stuffy and definitely keeps with the on-going theme of natural, eco-friendly decorating. Add green in your decorating with punches of color in the accessories...and of course in your rugs! There are plenty of green rugs at Mousaian Oriental Rugs. Here are just a few....
Hot New Ideas
Besides the color of the year, there are quite a few new decorating ideas that are taking center stage:
- Animal prints -- not your cheetah and zebra prints, but real animals, especially dogs and elephants, mixed throughout a fabric
- Stripes -- a classic look revisited with tone-on-tone stripes or stripes of any variation
- Floral -- simple flowers that make a statement are especially popular, rather then the ornate floral patterns
- Softer colors -- neutrals as base colors including beige, taupe and greys. Add your color accents in accessories
- Blues -- all shades of blues are popular as a calming peaceful color
2013 continues to be a year where a large focus is on environmentally friendly everything!! This holds true for decorating, too. Decorators are using materials that are natural and sustainable. Hand-made rugs definitely fit this trend! The rugs at Mousaian Oriental Rugs are made from all natural materials, most often wool and cotton, and are made by hand without the use of machines or synthetic materials. Even much of the dyes used in rug making are from natural products. Wool is a highly sustainable material as well as an easily renewable resource. Wool has been used to make rugs for thousands of year because of its quality and durability. Click here to learn more about why wool is such a fabulous product.